Peach Pie Recipe with Almond Cream
· 1/2 cup of butter, softened
· 1/4 cup of granulated sugar
· 1 and 1/3 cup of flour
· 1 egg, medium size, beaten
For the almond cream
· 3 eggs, medium size
· 1/2 cup of butter
· 1/2 cup of sugar
· 1 cup of almond flour
· 2 peaches, ripe
Pre-heat the oven at 425F.
For the pie crust:
1. In a small bowl, cream the butter with the sugar
2. Add in the beaten egg. Mix well.
3. In a separate bowl, pour the flour and put the egg/butter mix in the middle. Fold in everything together. Using a spatula, fold the flour and pretend to cut in the middle with the tip of your spatula to incorporate the flour. Repeat this gesture until your dough is smooth. Set aside in the fridge for 20 minutes.
4. Roll the dough on a lightly floured surface. Place it in your 9" pie/tart baking dish with a removable bottom.
For the almond cream:
1. In a bowl, whisk the eggs and sugar until fluffy.
2. Melt the butter and add it to the mixture, mix well. Add the almond flour.
3. Pour into the pie crust. Don't fill it up to the top.
For the peaches:
1. Bring a pot of water to a boil. With a sharp knife make a cross on the bottom of the peaches.
2. Place the peaches in the boiling water for 30 seconds or until the skin shows signs of peeling off.
3. Take the peaches out and immerse them in a bowl filled with ice to cool them down.
- Now, peel and slice them and place them in the almond cream.
Bake for 20-25 min in the oven until golden.