Teriyaki Pork Burgers
· 1 1/2 lbs ground pork
· 1 tbsp minced garlic
· 1 tbsp minced ginger
· 1/2 cup teriyaki sauce; divided
· salt and pepper
· 4 slices of fresh pineapple; cored
· red onion; cut into rings
· 4 slices Havarti Cheese (or Mozzarella)
· 4 brioche burger buns, or regular burger buns
1. Pre-heat grill to medium-high.
2. In a bowl, add the ground pork, garlic, ginger, and 1/4 cup teriyaki. Season with salt and pepper, then mix well.
3. Form burger mixture into four equal sized patties.
4. Grill pineapple rounds until they have grill marks and have just softened. Remove from heat and set aside.
5. Toast buns on the grill. Remove and set aside.
6. Scrub grill with a brush then place pork patties on the grill. Barbecue for about 8 minutes, or until the patty has firmed up enough to flip. Once firm, flip the patty and baste with teriyaki sauce. Allow to cook for 5 minutes, then flip again and baste the other side.
7. Grill until the internal temperature reaches 160 F. Baste both sides with teriyaki sauce on more time. Remove from the grill.
8. To assemble: Slather mayonnaise on burger buns, layer the bottom bun with lettuce. Add the pork patty, then the cheese, pineapple, and top with onions. Place the top bun and you're done! Serve with a side of macaroni salad or oven fries.